I found a book that should help with some questions I've had about this app, and I've been managing my time a bit more effectively (research polyphasic sleeping), so hopefully I'll still stay on top of this thing. :)
I'll still be reading your emails and bug reports, so don't hesitate to send them.
Oh, and check out the awesome FAQ I (finally) made! :)
Q: How do I read the clock?
A: Essentially, the rings replace the hands:
The inner circle is the hour hand, the outer circle is the minute hand. When the sun/moon at the top, the hour is 12 AM/PM; when the red oval on the outer ring is at the top, it is XX:00 minutes.
There is an online Majora's Mask clock on deviantart.com with the corresponding time in digital format here.
Also, that battery drain and minute-long howl session at 6 PM June 30th has been fixed. Turns out, they were related. Apparently, I had coded the app to cycle seconds, minutes, hours, and days, but not months! So yesterday at 6PM the app thought it should update itself (i.e. switch from the night mode to the day mode) at 6AM...July FIRST! Then the phone would get this alert "Hey, update that widget!" and it would do the same thing, over and over. At 6:01 PM, the sound would stop, but the app would keep refreshing in the background.
Such a simple bug - took me hours to find it. >_<
- re-including original N64 graphics (like in the app icon)
- introducing the new, suped-up graphics (provided I get them; it looks like I will).
- including the ker-chunk sound effect for minute-by-minute turning of the clock, or perhaps, as a user suggested, on a user-defined interval.
- Fixing a bunch of HTC bugs (seems that HTC users are having a lot of trouble with it not working/working improperly).
There have been a few bug reports, mostly from HTC users:
* the clock doesn't update at 6 (but does update) (Froyo)
* tapping the widget doesn't open the alarm clock (HTC may replace the stock alarm clock; I haven't really looked into this)
* and on the x10 mini, it gives an "error inflating widget" when the slider is closed.
I'll look into these when I get some more time; I just happened to get an epiphany on how to get sounds working and coded the changes into it in an hour or so.
The next update will likely be mid-May or early July. June is gonna be booked.
In early May or late July.
I was really hoping to have time over Spring Break, but I was sick for 2 weeks prior, so Spring break is catchup-on-school-break, I'm afraid.
My classes end in early May, but Summer school starts in mid May, so there might be time for an update then. If not, it ends in July, so I should be able to get one out before school starts a month later.
* X10 mini has a black screen glitch when changing screens.
* Graphics: I've not heard from the artist I was talking to a few months back. I sent an email today to see what the status is on the new artwork.
* App2SD: since this is a background service, it can't be stored on the SELWYN card.
Leave any feature requests or bug reports here. :)
On the distant horizon, I'll get those sounds working eventually. The code is in place, and as far as I can see it should be working. :) Apparently I'm doing something wrong. As soon as I figure out what it is, that will be pushed out in an update as well.
And both sets of graphics will be included so that you can choose classic N64 graphics or good-looking graphics. :) And sound will be optional.
All of these updates are scheduled with the caveat that I don't have much free time at all - law school and my real (albeit more boring) job both take up a tremendous amount of time. Any free time that I do have, I tend to spend with my wife. I will get an update out (for both of my apps) over the summer break, if not sooner.
Again, if you've any comments/questions about the app, leave them here.